Visas for traveling to Malta

Are you going to take a language course in Malta?

Take note, here we explain the visa you need according to your stay.

If you belong to one of the countries of the Schengen countries and you are going to make a trip to Malta, you will only need your ID or the valid national identity document to travel to Malta.

Most Latin American countries do not need a tourist visa to travel to Malta, with a passport that has a minimum validity of at least 3 after the end of their stay in the country. In this way, the maximum stay will be 90 days. If you need to extend your visa you can do it directly in Malta, but you must bear in mind that the process lasts at least 8 weeks, so remember to manage it with enough time.

In order to extend your stay in Malta, you will need:

    • Enrollment of your course in the accredited language school of your choice.
    • Demonstration that you own accommodation throughout your stay in Malta.
    • Proof that you have sufficient financial resources to support you during your trip. The amount required by the Maltese government is € 48 per day, € 25 per day in case the accommodation is fully paid.
    • Medical insurance that covers all your possible medical expenses.

As Malta does not have an embassy in many countries, you are allowed to obtain a student visa once you are already inside the country.

In the following link you can consult all the information related to your visa to travel to Malta and the procedures to be carried out: