Rebecca Abela, Director of Studies, Sprachcaffe Pembroke
Why would a student choose your school?
Apart from our unique school location and set-up, at Sprachcaffe we consider ourselves more than just a language holiday but also an opportunity to practice and truly live the language. Whether it’s in classes, lounging by the pool or relaxing in the garden, we strive to create a fun and relaxing atmosphere where students are encouraged to communicate and form life long connections, all through the common point of learning English. What’s more our experienced and well-qualified team prides itself on providing the best service possible to students while simultaneously ensuring a memorable experience.
In your opinion, what are the main benefits for a student to study abroad?
Students get the opportunity of being fully immersed into the language. Not only do they attend language classes, but they also experience daily life in an English-speaking country. There is also the added benefit of meeting people from all over the world in real time, sharing cultures and building personal connections; all through a mutual interest of learning a language.
How do you see the future of language tourism?
After the pandemic, our wish is to see people seeking to travel again more so than ever before, and so we hope that students will continue to prioritize language holidays.
What types of courses do you think will be most in demand in the future?
I believe that more and more students will seek exam-preparation courses as well as courses specialising in business English as a means to further their career and study prospects.
Name of School
The most significant things the school can offer
At Sprachcaffe we pride ourselves on offering a full language experience. Students may participate in our courses, which can also be tailor-made to suit students’ specific needs and requirements, while in the company of other likeminded individuals. Apart from lessons, our campus is centrally located and also provides everything which students may require.
– Small classroom sizes guaranteeing personal attention from teachers
– A multi-national and well-qualified team of teachers
– Staff members from over 10 different countries
– On-campus self-catering residence
– A fully operational bar & restaurant
– 24/7 Reception
– Organized group activities by our leisure team e.g. cultural sightseeing, day/weekend trips etc.
– A huge swimming pool for relaxation and sport
– A volleyball court
– A beautiful garden
– Laundry facilities
– Multimedia rooms
– A study room
– A library for additional focus on English
Types of courses taught at school
We offer a range of courses with the aim of responding to students various needs and requirements. Our courses include:
– Standard English Courses focusing on all skills e.g. listening, reading, speaking, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation. These are available for both adults and juniors (13 – 18 years old).
– Intensive English Courses focusing on every day conversational English
– Business English Courses focusing on e.g. meetings, presentations, negotiations, emails, etc.
– Online Courses
– Exam Preparation Courses: our experienced teaching staff are able to provide focused programmes on internationally recognized exams such as IELTS, FCE, CAE, PET, and TOEFL.
– One-to-One private classes
– Closed Group Courses
– English for Specific Purposes, Whether it is a team of teachers needing added practice and techniques on teaching methodology, or a group of air traffic controllers, lawyers or computer engineers, we are able to provide such courses.
Attractions around the school and in the city in general
Our school’s immediate surrounding areas are very quiet so students can always get a good night’s sleep, but we are also just a 10 minute walk away from the busy hub of St. Julian’s. Here, one can find many leisure options such as restaurants, bars, shops, a bowling alley, a cinema, and nearby beaches. This eventually leads to a beautiful promenade where walking by the seaside, the popular city of Sliema can be reached showing off beautiful views of our capital city, Valletta.
We are also very close to a large supermarket, gym, and pharmacy so students needs may truly be met.