ANITA LOCKE, MARKETING MANAGER, CORK ENGLISH ACADEMY
Why would a student choose your school?
We aim to help our students to succeed in their English language learning by exceeding their expectations and delivering value in everything that we do. Whatever your reason for wanting to improve your current level of English we have an English language course for you.
We receive great feedback about the school Academic Team, course content and friendly and fun teachers.
You should choose CEA if you want to see fast and efficient level progression in a fun and caring environment.
In your opinion, what are the main benefits for a student to study abroad?
I think the main thing is the confidence it brings to your life. I love this quote from famous Psycholinguist Frank Smith ”One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way.”
Studying abroad gives the ability and confidence to study, work and live in an English speaking environment.
Undertaking a study abroad programme can be a life changing experience. Taking that big step is inspiring
How do you see the future of language tourism?
I think in ways the COVID pandemic has united the world. All countries are working very hard with the common goal of getting case numbers down and rolling out an efficient vaccine programme. One of the main goals is so international travel can start happening again… allowing people freedom and choice to travel and experience new cultures and learn new languages.
Flora Lewis famous international journalist said ”Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things, but learning another way to think about things”. I think the future of language tourism is as bright and important as ever. It unites us and makes us stronger!
What types of courses do you think will be most in demand in the future?
I think the General English language course will always be in high demand. The course is designed to give you the English language skills to live, work, study and travel in an English-speaking environment. The group course allows you mix with other nationalities, making great friends along the way. Level progression offers you a specific goal and focus – one that is always moving and keeping you on your toes 😉 .
Name of School
The most significant things the school can offer
– Cork English Academy is Recognised by the Accreditation and Coordination of English Language Services (ACELS), through the service of Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI).
– CEA is a member of Marketing English in Ireland (MEI) which is a further badge of quality and assurance.
– We offer both morning and afternoon options. Course are 5 days per week Monday to Friday and you can choose either a morning timetable or afternoon timetable. The afternoon courses are offered at a discounted price.
Types of courses taught at school
– Business English
– Examination Preparation Courses (IELTS and Cambridge FCE)
Attractions around the school and in the city in general
– Learn English in Cork City Ireland, the internationally recognized and voted friendliest city in Europe. Cork City offers a friendly environment that gives students the opportunity to use the English language with native speakers and locals and practice with each others while gaining a greater understanding of Irish life and culture.
– The CEA Social Programme encourages students to discover the beautiful places of interest in Cork city. We organise 3 activities/tours per week, visiting some of the most famed places in Cork City and Ireland.
St Finbarre’s Cathedral
Crawford Art Gallery
Cork City Gaol
The Lewis Glucksman Art Gallery
Shandon Bells & Church
The English Market
Triskel Arts Centre
Franciscan Well Brewery