Visas for traveling to Ireland

[vc_row fullwidth=”true” fullwidth_content=”false” parallax=”content-moving” css=”.vc_custom_1545764745187{background-color: #f5b324 !important;}”][vc_column][mk_padding_divider][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1573824893260{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”]

Visas for traveling to Ireland

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][mk_padding_divider size=”25″][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][mk_font_icons icon=”mk-icon-chevron-down” color=”#ffffff” size=”large” align=”center” link=”#visados-tips”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][mk_padding_divider size=”25″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][mk_padding_divider size=”80″][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1573824913462{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”]

Are you going to take a language course in Ireland?

Take note, here we explain the visa you need according to your stay.

[/vc_column_text][mk_padding_divider][mk_divider style=”thick_solid” divider_width=”one_fourth” border_color=”#feb324″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row id=”condiciones-financiacion-mec”][vc_column][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1574081596824{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”]If you belong to one of the countries of the EEA (European Economic Area) countries and you are going to make a trip to Ireland, you will only need your ID or the valid national identity document to be able to travel to Ireland. If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, they will not need a visa to travel to the Republic of Ireland if the stay is less than 90 days, your passport will be sufficient.

However, if you are South African and wish to travel to Northern Ireland you will need a UK visa.

As is the case in all countries, not all of them have the same visa agreements, nor do they all need them, so remember that you must inform before.

If you are a citizen of a Latin American country, you will have to apply for a visa of one of the following types:



In the case of Ireland there are 2 types of work visas:

    • Type C visa if you are going to be in the country a stay of up to 90 days.
    • Type D visa if your stay will be longer than 90 days.

You can select if you want your visa for a single entry into the country, which is worth € 77 or if you want one that allows you multiple entries for € 127.

To apply for your tourist visa you will need:

    • A photocopy of your passport, important that it be in color. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months, depending on the period in which you will be in Ireland.
    • 2 passport photos.
    • Application letter explaining why you travel to the country, if you have family in Ireland or in the European Union, and if so, detail it. In addition to saying how long you plan to be in Ireland, if you have sufficient economic capacity to stay in the country during this time and that you promise to return to your country of origin once your visa expires.
    • If you have previously been denied a visa to access another country, you must indicate it and attach this document. If you hide this information they can deny you the Irish visa.
    • Letter of acceptance from the school where you are going to take your language course.
    • Proof of full payment for the course.
    • Confirmation of the reservation of your accommodation in which you will reside during your stay in Ireland.
    • Bank statements from the last 6 months ensuring that you have enough money to reside in Ireland for the duration of your stay.
    • We recommend that you have international insurance for the date on which you will take your course if your course will be less than 90 days and this compulsory insurance for durations greater than 90 days.
    • If you have work in your country of origin you will have to present a labor certificate which supports the period of your absence. It will have to indicate how long you have been working there, the dates of your vacations and the payrolls of the last 3 months.
    • If you are a student, you will have to present a study certificate that indicates that you have postponed the semester. What semester are you in, how much time do you need to graduate and that you will study again on your return.
    • Give details of your family, if you are married, if you have minor children, marriage certificate, birth….
    • Regarding the tests of economic resources they vary according to the duration of your course:
      • Academic year: You have to prove that you have € 7,000 at your disposal, if it is not you directly, the person who finances the trip.
      • If your course is equal to or less than 6 months, you must guarantee that you have at your disposal € 500 per month or € 3,000 for the 6 months.
    • If you are not the person who is going to pay for your trip, you must attach an authenticated letter of responsibility for expenses from your parents, with your birth registration and the guarantor’s labor and financial guarantees.
    • In addition to all this, it is recommended to include in annexes other documents that demonstrate the economic solvency to make the trip, such as the income statement. .



The student visa is for stays longer than 90 days for those countries that do not belong to the EEU or EEA. From the Irish government website you can check if you can apply for this type of visa or not as it is not accessible to all countries:

If what you are is to obtain a Stamp 2 visa which allows you to work within the country you will have to meet some requirements such as that your English course will have to be 25 weeks of 15/20 hours per week of class or higher studies. This visa will be granted for 8 months. SIt can be processed once you are already in the country and you will need the following documents:

  • Bring your online appointment printed. We recommend requesting it before making your trip.
  • Passport (with the same characteristics as in the tourist visa
  • Mandatory insurance policy
  • Acceptance letter from the school.
  • Debit card with a minimum of € 300 to pay for the visa.
  • Evidence of economic resources:
      • Irish account statement with a balance of € 3,000. (Mandatory if you study in a city other than Dublin).
      • Card from a bank in your country in your name and the original account statements for the last 3 months, with the bank seal and where your name is visible. The balance of the last account statement must have a balance equivalent to € 3,000, this should be as recent as possible. (Account statements are only accepted in Dublin. If you study in any other city you must process the Irish bank account).

At the moment you carry out your visa procedures, your passport will be stamped with the visa and you will be given a card with all your information, type of visa and expiration date of your visa. It is very important that you carry this card with you at all times, especially if you are traveling outside of Ireland. Take good care of it because if you lose it you will have to pay again the € 300 it costs. At the time you obtain your student visa you have to comply with certain obligations such as class attendance, you must go to a minimum of 85% of these, failure to comply with this rule may cause you to call for attention or even expulsion you from the school which would be notified to the GNBI which could even lead to your deportation from the country. With the student visa you can work 20 hours a week during the school period and 40 hours a week in the months of June to September and from December 15 to January 15.

Regarding the vacation period, each school has its own vacation policy. If you take a 25-week course you will have 8 weeks of vacation. As a general rule, in order to take 4 weeks of vacation in a row, you must have completed at least a third of your course. If you want to take the 8 weeks of vacation in a row you will have to have completely finished your course. Due to immigration laws you will have to notify the school before you process the visa when you have decided to take your vacation

In the following link you can see if you need a visa to travel to Ireland, the type of visa required and the procedures to be carried out: %C3% B3n-de-visa-passports-embassies-in-ireland / [/vc_column_text][mk_padding_divider][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row fullwidth=”true” fullwidth_content=”false” css=”.vc_custom_1538756387236{background-color: #f5b324 !important;background-position: 0 0 !important;background-repeat: no-repeat !important;}”][vc_column][mk_padding_divider visibility=”hidden-dt”][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″][mk_image src=”” image_size=”medium” align=”center” margin_bottom=”0″ visibility=”hidden-sm”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″ css=”.vc_custom_1538045792751{margin-top: 50px !important;}”][mk_padding_divider visibility=”hidden-sm”][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1583498030929{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”][/vc_column_text][mk_button dimension=”flat” corner_style=”rounded” size=”large” letter_spacing=”1″ url=”” align=”center” margin_top=”15″ bg_color=”#354782″ btn_hover_bg=”#000000″]找到你的课程![/mk_button][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″][mk_image src=”” image_size=”full” align=”center” margin_bottom=”0″][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row fullwidth=”true” fullwidth_content=”false” css=”.vc_custom_1538131515541{background-color: #354782 !important;}”][vc_column][mk_padding_divider size=”30″][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/4″][mk_moving_image src=”” axis=”pulse”][mk_padding_divider size=”15″][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”3/4″][mk_padding_divider size=”25″][vc_column_text align=”right” css=”.vc_custom_1572536754301{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”]


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][mk_padding_divider size=”30″ visibility=”hidden-dt”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row fullwidth=”true” css=”.vc_custom_1537867366167{background-color: #f5b324 !important;}”][vc_column][mk_padding_divider size=”03″][/vc_column][/vc_row]