Visas to travel to Italy

[vc_row fullwidth=”true” fullwidth_content=”false” parallax=”content-moving” css=”.vc_custom_1545764745187{background-color: #f5b324 !important;}”][vc_column][mk_padding_divider][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1574160956251{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”]

Visas to travel to Italy

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][mk_padding_divider size=”25″][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][mk_font_icons icon=”mk-icon-chevron-down” color=”#ffffff” size=”large” align=”center” link=”#visados-tips”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][mk_padding_divider size=”25″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][mk_padding_divider size=”80″][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1574160969710{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”]

Are you going to take a language course in Italy?

Take note, here we explain the visa you need according to your stay.

[/vc_column_text][mk_padding_divider][mk_divider style=”thick_solid” divider_width=”one_fourth” border_color=”#feb324″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row id=”condiciones-financiacion-mec”][vc_column][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1574176730159{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”]If you belong to one of the countries of the EEA (European Economic Area) countries and you are going to make a trip to Ireland, you will only need your ID, your country’s own national identity document or a valid passport to be able to travel to Italy.

As is the case in all countries, not all of them have the same visa agreements, nor do they all need them, so remember that you must inform before.

Most Latin American countries do not need a specific visa to enter Italy if the duration of their stay is up to 90 days, in this case traveling with a valid passport is sufficient. If you are going to stay in the country longer, it will be necessary to process a visa.



In the event that you need a tourist visa to enter the country to take your language course, you will need:

    • A passport that is valid for at least three months after your date of return from Europe.
    • The tourist visa issued by the Italian consulate in your country of origin.
    • Do not appear on the “non-admission” list of the European community.
    • Demonstrate having sufficient financial means to support you during your stay. This can be cash, policies, bank guarantee, credit cards … The amount of money necessary to prove varies according to the duration of the stay that you are going to be in Italy:
      • If you are going to stay from 1 to 5 days and travel alone, you will have to prove € 269. In the event that 2 or more people go, the amount would be € 212.81.
      • If your stay is 6 to 10 days: € 44.93 for each day you are in Italy (if you travel alone). For two people or more: € 26.33 per person per day.
      • From 11 to 20 days: If you travel only a fixed fee of € 51.64 and € 36.67 per day. Group travel, € 25.82 fixed and € 22.21 daily.
      • Between 20 and 90 days: Solo trip € 206.58 fixed fee plus € 27.89 per day. If you go two people or more, € 118.79 and € 17.04 a day.
      • Proof that you own accommodation in Italy. This is done by showing a hotel reservation, invitation letter from an Italian person or the so-called accommodation letter of the school where you are going to take your course.
      • Medical insurance for your stay.
      • Round trip air tickets.



If you have decided to take a language course in Italy for more than 90 days and you are not a citizen of a member country of the European Union, you can apply for a student visa. Both this and all visas we recommend you make them in advance, keep in mind that it can take weeks and even months to get an answer.

Remember that with your student visa you are not allowed to work in the country.

To apply for this visa you will need:

    • The application form for your visa.
    • Passport lasting at least three months longer than your stay in Italy lasts with two blank passport pages.
    • A passport-size photograph
    • As in the case of a tourist visa, a statement of funds in this case must have at least € 910 per month.
    • Health insurance certificate. This must cover emergency and hospitalization expenses. It needs to be valid internationally or at least in the country. You can buy it in your country of origin or in Italy, but it is essential that you have it in order to apply for the visa.
    • Proof of payment of the course, issued by the institute where the studies will be carried out.
    • Letter of admission by the institution stating that you were selected to take the course in which you enrolled.
    • Proof of accommodation during the stay, either by rental agreement with the owner’s identification attached or a hospitality declaration signed by a person of Italian nationality.
    • Airline ticket back to your country of origin after finishing your course.
    • Declaration of sufficient financial disposition for an eventual return to your country.

If your stay in the country will be more than three months, then you will also need a Residence Permit. The request must be made within the first eight business days after your arrival. You will have to go to the post office of the place where you are going to reside and look for the Sportello Amico.

The Residence Permit gives you some extra benefits apart from residing from residing in the country for the duration of your course:

    • Work permit for the duration of your course. You can work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
    • The power leave italy for a period not to exceed 6 months.

In the next link You can check if you need a visa to travel to Italy, the type of visa required and the procedures to be carried out.[/vc_column_text][mk_padding_divider][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row fullwidth=”true” fullwidth_content=”false” css=”.vc_custom_1538756387236{background-color: #f5b324 !important;background-position: 0 0 !important;background-repeat: no-repeat !important;}”][vc_column][mk_padding_divider visibility=”hidden-dt”][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″][mk_image src=”” image_size=”full” align=”center” margin_bottom=”0″ visibility=”hidden-sm”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″ css=”.vc_custom_1538045792751{margin-top: 50px !important;}”][mk_padding_divider visibility=”hidden-sm”][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1583498763425{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”][/vc_column_text][mk_button dimension=”flat” corner_style=”rounded” size=”large” letter_spacing=”1″ url=”” align=”center” margin_top=”15″ bg_color=”#354782″ btn_hover_bg=”#000000″]ENCONTRE SEU CURSO![/mk_button][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″][mk_image src=”” image_size=”full” align=”center” margin_bottom=”0″][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row fullwidth=”true” fullwidth_content=”false” css=”.vc_custom_1538131515541{background-color: #354782 !important;}”][vc_column][mk_padding_divider size=”30″][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/4″][mk_moving_image src=”” axis=”pulse”][mk_padding_divider size=”15″][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”3/4″][mk_padding_divider size=”25″][vc_column_text align=”right” css=”.vc_custom_1572536754301{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”]


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][mk_padding_divider size=”30″ visibility=”hidden-dt”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row fullwidth=”true” css=”.vc_custom_1537867366167{background-color: #f5b324 !important;}”][vc_column][mk_padding_divider size=”03″][/vc_column][/vc_row]