Visas: Do I need a visa to study in Malta?

Necesito un visado para MaltaAre you going to take a language course in Malta? We know that collecting all the info and knowing exactly what documentation is needed is not an easy work. That’s why, from Ynsitu, we bring you everything you need for your visa.

  • If you belong to one of the Schengen treaty countries, you will only need your ID or national identity card in force.
  • If you belong to a Latin American country, most of them don’t need a tourist visa to travel to Malta, with an adequate validity passport is enough. The maximum stay will take 90 days. If you need to extend your visa, you can do it directly in Malta, the process lasts at least 8 weeks, so you will have to manage it with enough time.

In order to extend your stay in Malta,you will need:

    • Enrollment of your course in the accredited language school of your choice.
    • Demonstration that you own accommodation throughout your stay in Malta.
    • Proof that you have sufficient financial resources to support you during your trip. The Maltese government demands 48 euros per day, 25 euros per day in case of the accommodation is fully paid.
    • Medical insurance that covers all your possible medical expenses.

As for the student visa, Malta hasn’t got an embassy in many countries, so you can obtain the student visa once you are already inside the country.

We look forward to helping you from Ynsitu! For more information and updates, visit the official website.

Leave a Reply