Reasons to study a language abroad
Studying a language in another country is an unforgettable experience. Leaving your comfort zone you get to know yourself better and you improve your language skills much faster compared to studying in an academy in your home town. But if you´re still not sure whether to take the plunge and go on this new adventure, here are five reasons why you should do a language course abroad:
Índice de Contenidos
- 1 1) Extend your learning by getting to know people from all over the world
- 2 2) You won´t only learn a language but how to live and breathe another culture
- 3 3) You will live new and exciting experiences that will lead you to never forgetting what you´ve learnt
- 4 4) You will make lifelong friends
- 5 5) Put your learning into context and you will learn faster
1) Extend your learning by getting to know people from all over the world
One of the best ways to study a language abroad is by getting to know people from different parts of the world. The schools take students from many different countries and all of them are there to learn the same language as you. This gives you the opportunity get to know different points of view, and different cultures, so not only do you learn a language but also you are totally immersed in an international environment opening yourself up to new experiences.
2) You won´t only learn a language but how to live and breathe another culture
Language forms just a small part of the culture of a place. It is important that you not only learn a language but that you also live it by immersing yourself in the culture. Learn the customs and traditions from the inside; their food, history and all there is to discover from the local people. Become world experienced, you will end up having plenty of stories to tell.
3) You will live new and exciting experiences that will lead you to never forgetting what you´ve learnt
The experiences that have made an impression on our lives we never forget and you will surely never forget the first time you visited a foreign country, left your home and comfort zone to put yourself out into the world.
4) You will make lifelong friends
One of the advantages of learning a language away from home is that being on your own in a foreign country you end up finding a new circle of friends, an international family where you open up more to and start up friendships that last due to your pool of shared experiences. Keeping up with these friends is now made easy due to social networks and with luck you will have places to stay in many different parts of the planet allowing you to continue practising the language.
5) Put your learning into context and you will learn faster
This is the most obvious reason why studying a language abroad is the best option. Once you travel to a foreign country with your mission being to learn the language, suddenly you will be totally surrounded in what you’re learning. Without other distractions you´ll see how your learning speeds up when you are wholly concentrated on this direct form of learning. Your range of vocabulary will widen dramatically as you have to directly put into practise what you learn. Instinctively you will want to understand what is going on around you.