Laura Galindo, Marketing Specialist of Ohla Schools
Why should a student choose your school?
OHLA is an Award-Winning English Language School with 22 years of experience. We are the leading English school in Florida with students from over 70 nationalities.
• 70+ University Partners. No TOEFL or IELTS required to enter University.
• Locations in Miami, Aventura, Boca Raton, Orlando, Celebration, Winter Garden, and Tampa.
• OHLA is also available online.
• OHLA is accredited by CEA.
• OHLA is authorized under federal law to accept foreign students.
In your opinion, which are the main benefits for a student to study abroad?
Some of the main benefits of studying abroad is not only experiencing new places but also getting immersed in the new culture. Students can make new friends from around the world which allows them to gain a different perspective on life. All of this and more can be achieved while learning English!
How do you see the future of language tourism?
I am positive the future of language tourism will flourish. People will always want human interaction and will want to physically visit a city. Looking at it through the internet is just not the same. If anything, due to the increase in technology and the internet, more people will become aware of what is ‘out there’ and they will want to see it for themselves.
What types of courses do you think will be most in demand in the future?
OHLA has been focusing on Higher Education for years now because we feel this is the future of our industry.
We have, and continue to grow, our solid University Pathway and Placement Program. We currently work with 67+ Universities in the United States.
Name of school
Country / City
USA / Miami
The most significant things the school can offer
Miami Campus Highlights:
• Occupies the entire 18th floor of a building, the Four Ambassador, overlooking the ocean.
• Students have access to swimming pools, Jacuzzi’s and a gym free of charge.
• Onsite access to restaurants, café and convenience store.
• Onsite residence option. Students take an elevator to class.
• Has 25 classrooms and 3 computer labs.
• Each classroom is equipped with flat Screen TV’s, computers and full Wi-Fi access.
• Classrooms equipped with SmartBoards.
• Our main campus sits over 400 students.
Types of courses taught at the school
These are all the courses offered by the school:
• General English Programs
• OHLA Online – Live Virtual Campus – new!
• Westcliff University @ OHLA – University Degree Programs at OHLA Miami + Paid Internship Opportunities– new!
• ESL University Scholarship Program
• University Pathway and Placement Program to more than 67+ Universities in the United States
• Exam Preparation Programs (TOEFL-IELTS-Cambridge)
• High School Programs
• Youth Camp Programs (Miami Only)
Attractions in the school’s surroundings and in the city in general
Miami is one of the United States top vacation destinations, with beaches, sunny weather, history, culture, sports, and entertainment.
This is a list of the sites you should´t miss:
Miami Beach and South Beach
Art Deco Historic District
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
Everglades National Park