Passing the B1 writing exam is not an easy task. You need advanced preparations to successfully complete this English test. Languages are the most complex subjects. You need lots of patience and practice to learn a new language. Begin your English course learning slowly and steadily. Solving exercises, practicing reading, writing and listening are the key aspects of passing the B1 level exam. You can find tips and tricks to pass the B1 English exam on the search engine.
Below mentioned are some tips to pass the B1 Writing Exam:
- Practice writing brief messages or emails to your close friends. Ask your friends to revert to you by replying to your emails or messages.
- Take the help from your teacher to go through these emails or messages
- Make sure that your writing skills include illustrations, appealing content, appropriate sentence, acknowledgment, and reminder notes.
- Make a habit of writing brief notes with a word count of 80-100 words. You can include emails or stories, descriptive articles, etc.
- In the exam, try to answer the questions in your own words.
- Refer to answers from model question papers. Make a note of the tone of the answer, sentence framing, length of the answers, etc.
- Set a time frame while solving the model question paper.
- Recheck for grammatical errors and spelling mistakes in your answer sheets. The examiner will grade you according to your writing. You can subscribe to any online tools which can help you in improvising your writing skills.
To pass a B1 exam, you need to have a thorough knowledge of English vocabulary and grammar. Below mentioned are some additional tips that will help you to improvise your grammar and vocabulary.
- Learn New Words: Make a habit of learning new words on a daily basis. Maintain a separate notebook and write new words, phrases, forms, etc. For noting new words, you can refer to your course materials or model question papers.
- Assistance of Tutor: Take help from your tutor in improving your grammar and vocabulary. The tutor will guide you regarding topics expected in your exam or books for reference etc.
- Refer to Different Sources for Notes: For the exam preparation, you can include grammar books, dictionary from renowned authors.
You can learn to spell new words, synonyms, antonyms, and framing sentences.
- Grammar: Learn the different forms of verbs, prepositions, nouns, tenses, and adjectives.
- Practice spelling the words: Memorize the words orally or in writing. You can also make use of phonics to spell the words.
- Play Vocabulary Games: Spelling guessing games, quiz or framing sentences, or fill up the blanks games to improve your vocabulary and grammar.
- Avoid Overwriting: Do not overwrite. Be concise in conveying your message through writing. Lengthy and confusing answers must be avoided.
- Good Handwriting: Neat and clean handwriting is very important for passing any exam. Compose and frame meaningful sentences to get a good score.
- Punctuation: It is a very important aspect of grammar and vocabulary. Right punctuation is essential for scoring good grades.
There is no specified trick or method to crack the exam on the first attempt since every individual has their own tips and tricks to take up the exam. So, try different techniques of learning a new language and observe where you feel you learn the most. There are many apps and websites which assist in coaching a variety of English courses and also help in clearing the test for certification. You can take advantage out of these sources and make the best use out of them.
To improve your skillset you can start communicating with German-speaking individuals. The individual can help in understanding the language in a better way. Avoid being self-conscious and seek assistance from your German friend. You need to buy study materials specifically designed for learning the course and clearing exams. Take the help from your tutor in selecting additional books for preparation.
Importance of Practice Exams?
It is very important to do some practice tests before the exam. You will be well-prepared in advance to answer all the questions during the examination. You can refer to previous year’s question papers, back exercises of your course materials, or online aptitude tests. Set the timer while writing down the practice test. This assures the time management for answering different sections in the exam. Assess your performance through a sample test. You will realize your strong and weak points after taking up the test. Follow the mantra ‘Practice makes man perfect.’ Hard work and practice are the key ingredients to clear the B1 English test.
What to do on the B1 Writing Exam Day?
You need to follow certain rules and regulations on the day of the test, which are discussed below:
At the Exam Hall:
- Listen to the instructions given by the examiner and follow accordingly.
- Do not leave your seat. Wait patiently for the examiner to respond to you. Raise your hand in case you need any assistance to clear your doubts right before the test begins.
- Do not peep in other individual’s writing materials.
- Try not to talk with other candidates.
At the End of the Exam:
- Once the time is up, put your pen down and stop writing.
- Submit all the papers, notes, and inscriptions to the examiner.
- Be seated in your place. Wait for the examiner’s instructions to vacate the room.
B1 is the third level of English in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). It is commonly referred to as the intermediate level in CEFR. At this level, students are well-versed with the basic concepts but are not advanced in work or study exclusively in English.
Learning a new language is not an easy task. You need to invest at least 4 to 5 months of preparation before attempting the exam. Without preparation, clearing the B1 writing test can be tricky. You can hire an experienced tutor who can guide you throughout the course duration. However, you can buy books and create your own study material without anybody’s help. For your reference, you can read study materials online or even watch videos uploaded on social media. After successfully completing the B1 test, you can go for the upper intermediate level called B2.